The Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Process makes complicated chemistry simplified alchemy!
Slide film is ageless. For years, photographers have loaded it into their cameras and created memories that can be viewed as positive images on strips of film or mounted and projected in all their glory. In 2017 Kodak revived the iconic Ektachrome E100 slide film, reigniting the passion for positive.
CineStill is proud to introduce the Cs6 “Creative Slide” 3-Bath Process for color-timing E-6 reversal film, creating three new distinct slide film results - the true wonder of slide film unlocked! This process illuminates unique color profiles never before seen on slide film, effectively turning the true standard into 3 totally different films.
The number of processing baths for E-6 film is reduced from 6 to 3. The reversal step occurs during color development in a Color&Reversal bath, and the bleach and conditioner steps are combined with the fixing step in a Bleaches&Fixer bath. Color-timing is performed with alternative 1st Developers to achieve full creative control of your slides.
With the Cs6 process, the bleach and conditioner steps are combined with the fixing step in our Bf6 “Bleaches&Fixer” bath, which comes in a 1000ml reusable solution capable of clearing 24+ rolls of slide film. Stock > 6-10min @ 75 -104°F (23-40°C).
Intended to be used with the D6, T6, or D9 1st Developers and the Cs6 "Color&Reversal" 2-in-1 Slide Solution.
- 3-in-1 conditioner, bleach and fixer bath
- Reusable solution capacity of 24-36 rolls (35mm/120), 96+ sheets (4x5"), or 200 feet (35mm) of film
- Flexible temperature range of 75 -104°f (23-40°C)
- 6min process time is minimum for completion
- Low D-min for brighter whites and clean highlights
- Image archivability for at least 80 years
- Easily mixed 3-part liquid concentrate
MIXING STOCK SOLUTION
- Place 14 oz. (414 ml) of 140ºF (60ºC) water into a clean glass or plastic pitcher.
- Use a clean plastic stir stick or the TCS-1000 to circulate the liquid.
- While circulating, add the contents of the bottle marked "PART A".
- Continue circulating, add the contents of the bottle marked "PART B".
- Continue circulating, add the contents of the bottle marked "PART C".
Store mixed solution in a tightly capped storage container with air inside for 2-4 months. Aerate frequently. Oxidation encourages activity of bleaches. When film won't clear after 10 min, retire chemistry and re-fix film.
Bleaches&Fixer Bath: Stock > 6-10min @ 75 -104°f (23-40°C)
This is a process-to-completion step. Time is minimum for completion.
Maintaining temperature is not essential beyond pouring in the 1st developer. When a temperature control bath is not available, simply preheat the 1st Developer +2ºF warmer, and the other baths will automatically process-to-completion as they cool down. Only the 1st developer is time and temperature critical because it controls contrast and color.